Bethel Writers and Media Contributors
Dr. Mary Michal
- Legends, Tales & History of Cold Mountain, Book 3 (Contributor) (Lenoir Devon Acres Farm)
- Walking in the Footsteps of Those Who Came Before Us (Contributor)
- The Nancy Moore Diary has been saved by her family and is in the possession of descendant, Tom Moore. Nancy Moore (1820-1890) catalogued Bethel events of all types during her lifetime; her documentation gives a rare look at Bethel history during the 19th century.
- Nancy Moore Scrapbook has been saved by her family and is in the possession of descendant, Tom Moore.
- Legends, Tales & History of Cold Mountain, Book 6, includes a compilation by Evelyn M. Coltman of topics covered by Nancy Moore in her diary and scrapbook.
Kaye Lanning Minchew
- Named Georgia's Writer of the Year for History by the Georgia Writer's Association for her book, Franklin Delanao Roosevelt: A President in Our Midst
- Served as executive director of the Troup County Archives and Troup County Historical Society
- The Mountaineer newspaper (Columnist)
Dr. Mark Pruett
- Banjo player for Bluegrass bands, including for Ricky Skaggs, Mark Pruett Band, and Balsam Range
- Ricky Skaggs Band’s Bluegrass Rules (Grammy Award)
- International Bluegrass Music Award for Balsam Range (Entertainer of the Year and Vocal Group of the Year)
- Spirit of the Mountain: The Stories of Uncle Albert Burnette DVD
- Unto These Hills drama (Provided Music Selections)
- Western Carolina University (Honorary Doctorate for Bluegrass Music Contributions)
Richard Alva Sentelle
- R.A. Sentelle Diaries (1882-1933) – Sentelle was a school teacher, school principal, and the first Superintendent of Haywood County Public Schools, a job he held for thirty-two years. He was involved with the school system for sixty-five years and was a Baptist minister for eighty years. In order to keep accurate records of his daily activities, Sentelle kept a yearly diary each year for fifty-one years, allowing a perfect glimpse into his life as a minister and school administrator. The diaries are in the possession of descendant Sandy Boone. (Sentelle discussion by Sandy Boone is in Walking in the Footsteps of Those Who Came Before Us).
- Cold Mountain Calling Me (Song Writer)
James Roy Pressley
- The Forks of Pigeon
- Veterans History Project Audio Collection
- North Carolina Society of Historians (Book Award for Forks of Pigeon)