- Collaborated with Canton Area Historical Museum and Haywood County Historical & Genealogical Society representatives to determine destination of Plott House collection
- Completed filming and began editing the Sunburst and Other Logging Operations In the Bethel/Cold Mountain Region DVD for anticipated release by fall of 2018
- The Possum on a Whale CD, Sunburst Sessions, developed by the HP Committee, is now available through our website and at Blue Ridge Books and Shelton House Gift Shop.
- Discovered a long-lost Hargrove family diary from the Civil War era among the Plott artifacts
- Collected a painting of the 1867 Pingree Priestly and Charity Haseltine Osborne Plott House painted by Jason Hawkins (donated by Yvonne Hawkins)
- Consulted with the Haywood County Historical & Genealogical Society and NCDOT regarding the future of the second of two historic truss bridges in Bethel: Truss Bridge #248
- Conducted a survey of the Historic Preservation Committee concerning the location of a 19th century cemetery adjacent to the County Home near Silver Bluff Nursing Home
- The Plott collection received front-page coverage in Vicinitus twice in 2018.
- Collected pictures relating to Bethel School history from Maude Shephard
- Organized/expanded library files of Bethel historical documents
- Awarded the fifth Pigeon Valley Award for Historic Preservation to Charles and Martha Trantham for their stewardship of the Lenoir's Creek Farm and the historic herd of Red Devon cattle
- Conducted a "Bed Turning" event hosted by textile specialist, Suzanne McDowell, that featured the six Plott House quilts
- BRCO’s Historic Preservation Committee completed our five-year-in-the-making project, Sunburst and Other Logging Operations in the Bethel & Cold Mountain Region DVD. The DVD, completed just before Christmas, sold well enough that the supply ran out within two weeks.
- Consulted with Western Carolina University’s Heritage Center representatives and Suzanne McDowell, textile specialist, to analyze artifacts, memorabilia, photographs, letters, post cards, quilts, store ledger, historic diary, art prints, and other collections from the James Henry and Flora Kinsland Plott House