Bethel Writers and Media Contributors
Dr. Mark Pruett
- Banjo player for Bluegrass bands, including for Ricky Skaggs, Mark Pruett Band,Whitewater Bluegrass, and Balsam Range
- Ricky Skaggs Band’s Bluegrass Rules (Grammy Award)
- One of five founders of Balsam Range Bluegrass Band
- Songwriter of several songs, including Balsam Range's first song released to the radio: "The Train's Ready"
- Balsam Range has multiple appearances on the Grand Ole Opry
- Balsam Range collaborated with the Atlanta Pops Orchestra to record 2 albums, including Mountain Overture that debuted on the Billboard Bluegrass Chart at #5 and the Classical Crossover Chart at #6.
- Balsam Range’s Mountain Voodoo debuted at #4 on the Billboard Bluegrass Albums Chart and stayed for 45 weeks.
- Balsam Range’s “Bluegrass Collar Dreams” reached #1 on the Bluegrass Today Chart
- Balsam Range’s “The Girl Who Invented the Wheel” reached #1 on the Bluegrass Today Chart.
- North Carolina Heritage Award
Julianne Kuykendall Rhodes
- The Beach Picture (4)
- The Blizzard of 1993 Kiss
- The Christmas No One Expected (A Christmas Fictional Novel) (1)
- A Collection of Inspirational Short Stories from the Heart of the North Carolina Mountains
- A Day on the Nantahala (3)
- Legends, Tales & History of Cold Mountain, Book 6 (Contributor)(Joshua and Adeline Kinsland House)
- The Mountaineer (Special Correspondent)
- The Renter Next Door - (A Christmas fiction novel) (2)
- Performer/songwriter with Whitewater Bluegrass and with her husband, Dr. Marc Pruett
- Co-writer with Marc Pruett: "The Train's Ready"
Richard Alva Sentelle
- R.A. Sentelle Diaries (1882-1933) – Sentelle was a school teacher, school principal, and the first Superintendent of Haywood County Public Schools, a job he held for thirty-two years. He was involved with the school system for sixty-five years and was a Baptist minister for eighty years. In order to keep accurate records of his daily activities, Sentelle kept a yearly diary each year for fifty-one years, allowing a perfect glimpse into his life as a minister and school administrator. The diaries are in the possession of descendant Sandy Boone. (Sentelle discussion by Sandy Boone is in Walking in the Footsteps of Those Who Came Before Us).
- Co-authored Piney Grove Church - Seventy Years Ago and Now -1948 (Piney Grove Church and School History)
INTERNATIONAL BLUEGRASS MUSIC ASSOCIATION (IBMA) AWARDS FOR BALSAM RANGE:
- Entertainer of the Year (2014, 2018)
- Album of the Year (2013, 2017)
- Song of the Year (2011, 2015)
- Vocal Group of the Year (2014,2015)
- Spirit of the Mountain: The Stories of Uncle Albert Burnette DVD
- Unto These Hills drama(Provided Music Selections)
- Rascally Mountain Boy: 33 Original Stories and 36 New Song Lyrics to Enjoy
- Western Carolina University (Honorary Doctorate of Arts Degree for Bluegrass Music Contributions)